I just recieved a nice thank you from Halestorm‘s team. I was half asleep and had just taken my bedtime meds when I wrote it, so … Whoo hoo!.
THIS is the cover that got stuck in my head forever!. Love it.
So let us rock out and do this thing, TRACK by TRACK!
OK, we all knew Rob Halford was castrated as a child. How the hell else could he hit those notes? Lzzy comes out swinging it. Holy shit, I have to hear this live!
3. Shoot To Thrill (AC/DC Cover) “Too many women and too many pills.”, If you can’t NAIL a AC/DC song, give up music. No wait, hire another singer. L is (most overused word I use?) AMAZING! Hell, AC/DC doesn’t sound this good anymore. WTF?
4. Hell Is For Children (Pat Benatar Cover) I have had this freaking song stuck in my head for DAYS!. If you don’t know the original, for shame! Catchy hook and intense subject, hits ya hard.
5. Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac Cover) The whole band shines here. As always, Lzzy channels Stevie Nicks perfectly. Musicianship at its finest.
6. 1996 (Marilyn Manson Cover) ANTI-CHRIST SUPERSTAR! What a way to end it.
Take ReAniMate , mix this in and it is Party TIME! I hear some people complain, “They only do covers.”, well let me tell ya’ “This band works multiple asses off. They tour CONSTANTLY and are probably ending a show now with this…”
The EP marks the acclaimed hard rock band’s first new release since their stunning GRAMMY® Awards triumph earlier this year, as well as the follow-up to 2011’s “ReAniMate: The CoVeRs eP.” As with its predecessor, “ReAniMate 2.0: The CoVeRs eP” sees Halestorm putting their distinctive brand on a strikingly eclectic collection of classic songs, including legendary tracks by Judas Priest, AC/DC, Pat Benatar, Fleetwood Mac, Marilyn Manson, and Daft Punk (see full tracklisting attached).
“Like our first ‘ReAniMate’ EP, the songs included here are a collection of both our favorite songs and songs to challenge ourselves,” said Halestorm frontwoman Lzzy Hale. We decided to go more ‘bare bones’ with this EP, meaning minimal production with live, gritty performances. We recorded this EP the week of the Grammys, so the excitement and debauchery you hear through your speakers is very real. We hope all our fans have as much fun with ‘ReAniMate: 2.0’ as we did!”
HALESTORM – “ReAniMate 2: The CoVeRs eP ”
1. Dissident Aggressor (Originally Performed By Judas Priest)
2. Get Lucky (Originally Performed By Daft Punk)
3. Shoot To Thrill (Originally Performed By AC/DC)
4. Hell Is For Children (Originally Performed By Pat Benatar)
5. Gold Dust Woman (Originally Performed By Fleetwood Mac)
6. 1996 (Originally Performed By Marilyn Manson)
HALESTORM TOUR DATES – NORTH AMERICA 2013
9/25 Bloomsburg, PA Bloomsburg Fair
10/4 Jackson, MS Mississippi State Fairgrounds
10/5 Mobile, AL Bayfest
11/26 Memphis, TN Minglewood Hall
11/29 New York, NY Terminal 5
11/30 Watertown, NY McVean Gymnasium @ Jefferson
12/1 Montreal, QC Le National
12/3 Toronto, ON Opera House
12/4 Cincinnati, OH Bogart’s
12/5 Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music Theatre
12/7 Ft. Wayne, IN Piere’s
12/8 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
12/10 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
12/11 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE – Indoor Stage
12/13 St. Paul, MN Myth
12/14 Madison, WI Orpheum Theatre
12/15 Chicago, IL House of Blues
Complete Tour Dates: WWW.HALESTORMROCKS.COM/TOUR
More Halestorm Info: www.halestormrocks.com, www.twitter.com/halestormrocks, www.facebook.com/halestormrocks, www.myspace.com/halestorm, www.youtube.com/user/HalestormRocks, andwww.atlanticrecords.com